Hey! Apple Crumble is one of my all time favourite desserts, there’s something about it that is so homely and comforting on abcold winter’s night. The main bonus of it of course is that it’s super easy to make and really doesn’t take very long. There are a lot of recipes out there for apple crumble and I find everybody does it slightly different, i.e. additions to the topping etc but here’s how I like to make mine!
- 225g Plain Flour
- 150g Margarine/Butter
- 115g Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- Handful of flaked almonds
- 600g ( about 3) Bramley Apples
- 50g Sugar
- 1tbsp Flour
- Half a teaspoon Cinnamon
1) Firstly, prepare all of your ingredients i.e get everything weighed out to make life easier for yourself as you go through the recipe. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees ( Gas 4/5)
2) Rub the flour and Margarine together until it resembles breadcrumbs ( or looks sort of like the picture below). I think you can do this in a blender to make your life easier.
3) Stir the 115g sugar and 1 tsp of Cinnamon into the mix till evenly distributed. Set this mix to one side and move onto the filling.
4) Prepare your apples by peeling and de-coring them. Chop the apples into slices and place them in the dish you intend to cook the crumble in.
5) In a separate bowl mix together the 1tbsp flour, 50g Sugar and half a teaspoon of Cinnamon. Evenly distribute this mix over the apples and try and coat the pieces in the mix.
6) Now you can put your topping over the apples. Smooth over to create a flat top.
7) Sprinkle over the almonds. I also like to put extra sugar on the top to make it nice and brown and cripsy. I think brown sugar works great but use whatever you have!
Hope you enjoy 🙂